- Work on the root cause of disease
- Speed up the healing process
- Promote relaxation and restore harmony
- Release stress, anxiety and pent up emotions
- Heighten creativity and awareness
- Balance energy and renew vitality
- Improve confidence and help in overcoming obstacles
The word Reiki comes from the Japanese characters Rei, meaning spiritual intelligence and Ki, meaning life energy and is often translated as ‘Universal Life Energy’, the vital force which flows through all living things. Reiki is thought to have originated in Tibet in ancient times and was rediscovered by Mikao Usui, a Japanese Buddhist, in the nineteenth century.
Reiki works on a deeply personal level and is a highly individual experience. Sometimes patients experience sensations of heat, cold or even dream-like images as they become fully relaxed and the Reiki energy moves beneficially through their body.